* Occupation: Marketing Communications Manager
* Employer: Ogden Pond
* Birthplace/Home Town: Makati, Philippines
* Where else have you lived? Metro Manila, Philippines
* Describe yourself in three words: Passionate. Creative. Driven.
* Why FUSION Halifax? What do you hope to accomplish in your role this year?
I believe in FUSION Halifax’s active engagement in the community and I want to be part of that positive change. I love the great vibe and balance in Halifax to live, work, and play. Let’s continue to build on that! Come out, engage, enjoy more of our amazing signature events and niche event projects. This year, our dynamic events will continue to keep you inspired. Hello young professionals, this is FUSION Halifax!
* Tell us something about yourself that we’d be surprised to know:
I’m a bionic lady and I’m from Manila! I love exploring the world, soccer, sports, and the rush that it brings. I come from a big family, love chocolates, and I’m on the front cover of a book. Still hanging there with the word bionic? Yes, I have titanium-alloy metal in my finger and no, it does not beep at the airport. :)
* What do you love about the East Coast? What’s the best thing about living
I love the balance and vibe of city living, the greenery, the ocean and its shoreline! The people are wonderful, the feel of the familiar is there, and I live, work, and play downtown! I am a few minutes from work and enjoy my walks. The quality of living is great!
* If the sky was the limit, what would you change about Halifax?
I would add an amphitheater at the Waterfront, a stadium, more green spaces, a hip and urban fitness and lifestyle facility downtown, access to bike rentals downtown, more outdoor art, total family and best friends reunification immigration stream! A strategic plan to attract and retain the young, talented, skilled, and driven people. More sun, at all costs!! Great businesses, investments, and wealth to have better job opportunities. Attract and retain more families, skilled and educated people for bigger tax base. Awesome research and development in all sectors! Also, a huge art event every month to keep people lots of people “hungry” and inspired!
* What is your favorite restaurant/pub/place to meet?
Hamachi House, Fireside, Henry House, Economy Shoe Shop, Obladee
* What would you tell a new young person moving to Halifax?
Build your network. Engage with the community. Clear eyes, open mind, full heart! There is no bad weather, only bad clothing. Friday is Thursday, make it count. And yes, I would highly encourage joining Fusion Halifax!
* If someone were to ask you, “Who should I know in Halifax?” Who would you
recommend they meet?
Meet 1) Everyone. Halifax is a city of warm, friendly people. We can learn something new from them. Meet 2) The Immigrants. They bring a wealth of knowledge, experience, positivity, and dynamism. Meet 3) the passionate and driven FUSION Halifax Board Members; they are proactive, connected, and want to make a difference.