* Occupation: International Sales Support
* Employer: Nautel Limited
* Birthplace/Home Town: Halifax, NS
* Where else have you lived? Portoviejo, Ecuador, Havana, Cuba, Waterloo,
* Describe yourself in three words: Inquisitive. Compassionate. Driven.
* Why FUSION Halifax? What do you hope to accomplish in your role this year?
I care about contributing to the city I live in, and I think FUSION provides
people in the 20-40 demographic, like myself, the platform to participate and
engage in dialogues on a number of issues that affect the city. This year, I
hope to engage both new members and FUSION alumni, welcoming the new members,
and providing continued engagement opportunities for alumni.
* Tell us something about yourself that we’d be surprised to know:
I am a walking Cuba guide book – well this doesn’t surprise some people. I
have been to Havana twelve times, and each time I learn a little more. I have a
well weathered guide book that is filled with hand written notes and check
marks to prove it – I aim to add new check marks to my guide book every trip. * What do you love about the East Coast? What’s the best thing about living in Halifax?
I love the people. The friendly smiles and the warm hellos make any walk, no matter how cold or windy, an enjoyable one. The best thing about living in Halifax is the warm and welcoming vibe, no matter where I find myself, coffee shop, local store, pub or park.
* If the sky was the limit, what would you change about Halifax?
The limit – it seems that we come very close to being the first to do some really amazing things in Halifax (on occasion we are the fist), but there is still a lot of risk aversion in the culture. I wish there was more willingness to run with new ideas, new ways of engaging community, new ways of thinking and finding solutions. * What is your favorite restaurant/pub/place to meet?
Foggy Goggle – great, non-deep fried deliciousness.
* What would you tell a new young person moving to Halifax?
Find your place and make your mark. Halifax has a lot of different opportunities to engage in activities and meet people, no matter what your passion. * If someone were to ask you, “Who should I know in Halifax?” Who would you recommend they meet?
The GO winners would be a great start. So many incredible people were honored in the last two years at the annual FUSION GO awards.